Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

This silly e-mail arrived asking me to list 25 random things about me. But I did it anyway....

1. I get up ridiculously early every morning, and can't stay in bed when there's a moon and pre-dawn stars to see
2. I have a gray streak in my hair like Bonnie Raitt, but I'd rather have her talent
3. I am so lucky to have the most wonderful, longtime girlfriends ever (Jane, Naomi, Lisa, Laura & Lee), plus two fine sisters
4. I am afraid to get on an airplane. Perhaps it's because the last time a bird flew into the engine (no, really)
5. I love the owl that talks to me from outside my window nearly every day at 4:45 am. He is not a boring even-toned hoot-hooter, more like a RHEE-hoo crooner.
6. I hate heels higher than 2" (or taller than 5' 11")
7. My favorite candy: Hot Tamales and Heath bars
8. If people don't swear, don't love music or don't like dogs, I don't trust them.
9. My favorite smells in the whole wide world are: campfire smoke, sawdust, pipe tobacco, coffee
10. I love the fact that Southern men call women Darlin'& Baby, open car doors and hold the umbrella
11. I miss my father even after 23 years, and wish I had a recording of his voice.
12. The only thing I miss about Michigan: my kids, my sisters and my big dog, Johnny
13. I always wear shoes, even in my house (but the heels are less than 2")
14. I always drive with my window open and my arm out, unless it's below 34 degrees.
15. I watch closely how people physically talk: how their lips and tongue move when they speak, if and why they have a lisp, if they make a repeated facial gesture, if they show their teeth or not.
16. My dream job would be working for Matt Groening, Jon Stewart or Tex Avery.
17. My motto for this year is "be brave" and "never say never."
18. I never recycle (see #17)
19. I visualize a broken heart fixing itself by patching the cracks with gold. Then it's easy to remember how shiny and strong it is. And how much it's worth, and worth showing.
20. I collect scarves and antique satin slips
21. I realize now how lucky I am that my childhood was safe and happy, and that growing up on a dirt road in east jesus nowhere had many more pluses than minuses
22. The middle finger on my left hand has always been curved outward. This causes a split between my fingers when I hold my hand out to reach for change and the dimes always slip through. But I can do Spock's Vulcan greeting with ease....
23. Diet quinine water and prune juice make a very good spritzer
24. I think music is a balm and appropriate for any situation whatsoever
25. I am conceited about my red hair.

No comments: